Working Safely In Cold Weather
Not only does cold weather make your working environment more difficult, it can also be hazardous to your health. It has the ability to cause conditions like hypothermia and frostbite. It can also present treacherous driving conditions that in some cases can be life-threatening.
This program discusses a number of the hazards that working in the cold presents and shows ways that you can plan ahead to protect yourself from these dangers. Topics include:
- Four major contributing factors of cold stress
- First aid for hypothermia & frostbite
- Dressing in layers & other personal protection
- Safe work practices for preventing cold stress
- Being prepared to drive in bad weather