Transporting Construction Equipment
This video addresses correct loading, tie-down, transport, and unloading of different types of heavy equipment on all types of trailers including tag-alongs, detachable goose necks, beaver tail and fixed neck lowboys - eighteen different types of equipment. Topics include:
- Knowing the trailer's rated capacity
- The importance of correct trailer placement prior to loading
- Snowy, wet, and/or muddy loading and unloading situations
- Dangers of loading tracked equipment
- Chain types and restricted use of tie-down chain release
- Changing conditions.