To The Point About: Trenching and Excavation Safety for Construction Workers
Available for MP4 video download by purchasing a corporate or single-site license.
Working in and around a trench or excavation can be very dangerous and poses serious hazards that kill and injure many construction workers each year. Understanding and controlling trench and excavation hazards can prevent these types of incidents and save lives.
This program details safe work practices that construction workers can use to protect themselves from cave-ins and other hazards when working around trenches and excavations. Topics include:
- Cave-ins and the factors that increase their likelihood
- The competent person's job
- The different soil types
- Protective systems used around trenches and excavations
- Safe access to and egress from trenches
- General safe work practices when around trenches and excavations