The OSHA Formaldehyde Standard - Laboratory
Available for MP4 video download by purchasing a corporate or single-site license.
While formaldehyde is used in many laboratory operations, it can still be a significant health hazard. The results of mishandling formaldehyde can be serious. They can range from the short-term discomfort associated with minor burns or skin irritation to chronic effects from a lifetime of overexposure.
This program provides training that is required by this standard, focusing on the rules and procedures that the standard establishes for working with this potentially dangerous chemical. Areas covered in the program include:
- Potential health hazards
- Testing for Permissible Exposure Limits (PEL)
- Labeling and Material Safety Data Sheets
- Hoods and other ventilation systems
- Personal protective equipment
- Spill and cleanup and decontamination procedures
- First aid
- The Medical Surveillance Plan