The Mark Standifer Story: Lessons Learned From An Arc Flash Tragedy
Available for MP4 video download by purchasing a corporate or single-site license.
Mark Standifer received 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 40 percent of his body and was nearly killed when he was engulfed in an arc blast while performing an electrical task at a wastewater treatment plant. While installing relays on the door of a 13,800-volt switchgear, he made several crucial errors resulting in a tragedy that will affect Mark and his family for the rest of their lives.
In this powerful program, viewers will see the mistakes Mark made and learn the lifesaving lessons from the incident. The importance of understanding all hazards of a job task and taking the necessary precautions to protect yourself from them is stressed throughout the video. Topics include always following safe electrical work practices, the dangers of complacency when performing electrical work, hazards of jewelry and flammable clothing and the purpose of an arc hazard analysis.