Safe Use and Operation of Forklifts
Available for MP4 video download by purchasing a corporate or single-site license.
Forklifts, also called lift trucks or powered industrial trucks, are powerful machines that are invaluable in the movement of products and materials in warehousing, industry and construction. These useful machines can also be extremely dangerous and are involved in many incidents of property damage, injuries and fatalities each year. OSHA regulates their use and requires operators of powered industrial trucks to receive general training on their operation as well as "hands-on" practical training.
- Training requirements needed to operate a forklift
- Handling and stability characteristics
- Pre-operational and operational inspections
- Lifting and placing loads
- How to operate safely around pedestrians and other safety considerations
- Loading dock and trailer safety
This program features a compilation of topical microlearnings. To view each microlearning individually, select Microlearning Collection: Safe Use and Operation of Forklifts.