Lockout/Tagout for Authorized Workers
Available for MP4 video download by purchasing a corporate or single-site license.
OSHA’s standard 1910.147 titled "The Control of Hazardous Energy" requires employers to establish a written Energy Control Program. This program categorizes three types of workers as related to lockout/tagout operations: authorized workers, affected workers, and other workers.
The only employees who may perform lockout/tagout operations are authorized employees, and they are the focus of this program. During interviews and instruction, viewers will see how important it is for authorized employees to perform a lockout/tagout correctly and safely. Topics include:
- The definition of lockout/tagout
- The three types of workers listed in OSHA's standard and their differences
- The responsibilities of the authorized employee
- How to perform a lockout and drain all energy
- How to verify a lockout
- What to do when returning equipment to service