Available for MP4 video download by purchasing a corporate or single-site license.
Many of the activities performed in a laboratory can exert stress and strain on muscles and joints, ultimately causing significant injuries. To work safely and maintain good ergonomic health, employees need to know how to avoid movements and work patterns that can be harmful. This training program discusses the need to set up work areas correctly, as well as how to minimize the strain of using laboratory equipment, tools, and instruments. Areas covered in the program include:
- Parts of the body most susceptible to ergonomic problems
- Arranging work areas to minimize stress and strain
- Working from "neutral" positions
- Most- and least-stressful types of body movements
- Proper lifting techniques
- Effective stretching exercises