HAZWOPER: Respiratory Protection and Safety
Available for MP4 video download by purchasing a corporate or single-site license.
Hazardous materials and waste are a part of many work situations and can be found in many types of facilities and job sites. It is very important for your employees to know how to recognize these potentially dangerous substances, and how to handle and dispose of them properly. As part of OSHA's HAZWOPER regulations, there are varying requirements for employee training, depending on the employee's specific level of involvement with hazardous materials.
This program shows viewers the types of respiratory equipment available for HAZWOPER workers and how to use, maintain, and test it properly. Topics include:
- The need for respiratory protection
- Basic types of respirators
- Respirator filter classes and ratings
- Qualitative and quantitative fit tests
- User seals
- Problems fitting respirators
- Cleaning and maintenance procedures