HAZWOPER: Heat Stress
Hazardous materials and waste are a part of many work situations and can be found in many types of facilities and job sites. It is very important for your employees to know how to recognize these potentially dangerous substances, and how to handle and dispose of them properly. As part of OSHA's HAZWOPER regulations, there are varying requirements for employee training, depending on the employee's specific level of involvement with hazardous materials.
This program explains the heat stress factors that are often present in HAZMAT environments, the various types of heat-related illnesses, and the precautions for preventing heat stress. Topic include:
- How clothing and PPE contribute to heat stress
- Using fluids and minerals to minimize heat stress symptoms
- Various types of heat-related illnesses and how to prevent them
- Rescuing heat stress victims in contaminated areas
- Other ways to prevent heat stress