HAZWOPER: Decontamination Procedures
Available for MP4 video download by purchasing a corporate or single-site license.
Hazardous materials and waste are a part of many work situations and can be found in many types of facilities and job sites. It is very important for your employees to know how to recognize these potentially dangerous substances, and how to handle and dispose of them properly. As part of OSHA's HAZWOPER regulations, there are varying requirements for employee training, depending on the employee's specific level of involvement with hazardous materials.
This program will help employees understand the decontamination procedures they must follow to avoid the harmful health effects of exposures to hazardous materials. Topics include:
- The four elements of working safely with hazardous materials
- OSHA decontamination regulations
- Exclusion zones
- The contamination reduction zone and contamination reduction corridor
- Decontamination equipment and solutions
- Decontamination procedures
- Responding to injuries and medical problems