Hand, Wrist And Finger Safety In Construction Environments
Available for MP4 video download by purchasing a corporate or single-site license.
Our hands, wrists, and fingers are valuable tools, the most valuable we will ever own. Whether we are completing a project at work or playing catch with the kids, our hands are involved in just about everything we do. In fact, we use our hands so much that they are exposed to a multitude of hazards. Throughout the day our hands can encounter hazards such as:
- Machines with heavy or fast moving parts that can pinch or grab
- Sharp tools that can cut or puncture
- Corrosive materials that can damage the skin
If these types of hazards go unchecked, they can cause real problems. Fortunately, there are a number of ways that we can protect and care for our hands. This video training program discusses the various types of activities employees can engage in where their hands, wrists, and fingers can be subject to injury, and what they can do to avoid these hazards. Topics covered in this video include:
- The hand and how it works
- Preparing for the job
- Personal protective equipment
- Fit and care of personal protective equipment
- Ergonomic hazards...and more!