Fire Prevention In Healthcare Facilities
Available for MP4 video download by purchasing a corporate or single-site license.
Every year, more than a million fire emergencies are reported in the U.S., with over 5,000 of them taking place in healthcare facilities. They cause injuries, deaths, and more than $45 million in damage.
This program looks at the fire hazards that can be encountered in healthcare environments, discuss how fires can be prevented, and explain what employees should do in case a fire emergency occurs in their workplace. Topics covered include:
- How fires burn
- The four most common classes of fires
- Dealing with a fire emergency
- Patient safety and evacuation procedures
- Fire hazards in healthcare environments
- Controlling electrical hazards