Electrical Hazards: One of Construction's Fatal Four
Available for MP4 video download by purchasing a corporate or single-site license.
This program will help viewers understand the electrocution hazards found on a construction site and the precautions they must take to prevent electrical burns and shocks. The three major types of these hazards in the construction industry are contact with power lines, contact with energized sources, and the improper use of extension and flexible power cords. It is critical that your employees recognize the risks posed by electricity and treat it with respect.
- Maintaining safe distances from power lines
- The effects of electrical shock
- How electrical burns can occur and be avoided
- Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs)
- Safety precautions for working on electrical equipment
- Safe use of extension and flexible power cords