Available for MP4 video download by purchasing a corporate or single-site license.
As part of the daily grind, driving may seem routine, but the roads can be very dangerous. Each year, accidents claim almost 40,000 lives and cause more than two million serious injuries. In fact, motor vehicle crashes are the number one cause of death on the job. This may make the driver's seat the most dangerous place you've ever been.
Fortunately, most accidents can be prevented if you approach driving with the proper attitude, good driving skills, and a well-maintained vehicle. This program will help familiarize you with safe driving principles and practices to help you arrive home safely at the end of every day. Topics include:
- How to prepare to drive
- General safe practices to follow while on the road
- How to maneuver around trucks and buses
- The extra precautions needed for driving at night or in adverse weather conditions
- How to avoid distracted driving and road rage
- What to do during various driving emergencies