COVID-19: Staying Safe at Work for Employees
Concise Length 13 min
The recent pandemic outbreak of the virus that causes COVID-19 temporarily brought the entire world to a halt, with many workplaces shut down, schools closed, people confined to their homes and medical facilities overwhelmed. Now, for many of us, it's time to restart our lives and get back to work. The good news is we can stay safe at work. This program outlines the control measures found in a typical workplace infection control plan and how those measures are put into practice to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at work.
In addition to explaining the virus's symptoms and its modes of transmission, the program covers the following employee responsibilities:
- Participating in your employer's screening process and staying home if you're sick
- Maintaining the appropriate physical distancing from your co-workers and the general public
- Wearing a face covering to protect others when appropriate or required
- Frequently washing your hands while avoiding touching your face
- Cleaning and sanitizing the commonly touched objects in your work area
- Selecting and using the correct PPE based on your risk of exposure
Other topics include factors in determining infection control measures, OSHA's categories of worker risk, and how to properly put on and take off medical PPE and clothing.