Before the negative health effects of asbestos were fully understood, this hazardous substance was used in thousands of products and building materials. And asbestos-containing materials can be found in many buildings even today. Employees such as custodial, engineering and maintenance staff need to understand the health risks associated with asbestos, be able to recognize asbestos hazards in their workplace and know what to do to protect themselves and others from exposure to asbestos.
Asbestos Awareness training provides employees with this important information, and also helps employers comply with the training requirements of the OSHA Asbestos Standard. Topics covered include:
- Asbestos: miracle and menace
- The health effects of asbestos
- Thermal system insulation
- Sprayed-on materials, floor and ceiling tiles
- Protective equipment and safe work practices