Accidents will happen. We have all heard that statement before. Unfortunately, sometimes it is true. In spite of our best efforts, things occasionally do go wrong. While many accidents seem to happen for obvious reasons, there may be things that contribute to an accident which are not always apparent. That is why it is vital to conduct a thorough accident investigation.
This program shows employees steps that are taken in an accident investigation and highlights how important it is for employees to fully cooperate with any inquiry. It also points out that while an investigation's focus is to determine the cause of an accident, the overall goal is to prevent similar accidents from happening again. Areas covered in the program include:
- The goals of an accident investigation
- Securing an accident scene
- Root-cause analysis
- The importance of investigative interviews
- Assisting in an accident investigation
- The importance of warning signs in accident
- Reporting the "near misses"
- The role of policies, equipment and training in accident prevention